Alleviating Pregnancy Discomfort Relief with the Pregnancy Spider Tape
Pregnancy can be one of the most overwhelming things a woman can go through. While pregnancy is a beautiful time in a woman's life, it can also cause a lot of discomforts. Many women experience pain in their hips, back, and stomach during pregnancy, as they grow and develop.
The discomfort experienced not only affects a woman’s physical health but can also affect her mental well-being. While there are many things you can do to relieve the discomfort, there are few that are as effective and safe as kinesiology tape.
The most famous and commonly used alternative to compression therapy in pregnancy is kinesiology tape, which is a small stretchy piece of fabric with a small adhesive strip on one side. This strip is exactly what it sounds like: it has one sticky side and one smooth side.
That’s why moms-to-be are being advised to use our Pregnancy Spider Tape, made from kinesiology tape and designed to alleviate many of the symptoms of pregnancy. Using the Pregnancy Spider Tape on the belly helps to support the back, hips, and stomach with carrying the extra weight.
The Pregnancy Spider Tape is an elastic bandage made of super-soft, durable cotton that stretches and doesn't tear. It is safe for all skin types and is easy to apply, adjust, and remove. And, it is designed to alleviate pregnancy pain relief that causes excessive swelling.
The one-piece design makes it easy for pregnant women to self-apply to their belly. The horizontal strip can either be applied underneath the sternum or below the baby bump, with the four strips stretched outwards. The design eliminates the risk of misapplication and works for most pregnant women.
What is Kinesiology Tape?
Kinesiology tape is made from a cotton-based material, with a special elastic adhesive coating on one side for gentle and secure application. It can help prevent injury by holding your muscles in their proper position. It also provides relief to sore muscles and joints or for conditions such as plantar fasciitis, shoulder pain, knee pain, and more. Its durable, stretchy material creates tension on the skin to help heal and reduce inflammation. Kinesiology tape comes in a variety of bright colors, and it is sometimes called medical tape or therapeutic tape.
Why Use Kinesiology Tape for Maternity Pain?
Kinesiology tape is very beneficial for pregnant women. Pregnant moms-to-be have a lot of aches and pains, especially in the lower abdomen. Kinesiology tape can help relieve that pain and even prevent some common pregnancy problems like sciatica, swelling, varicose veins, and extra fluid retention.
Many pregnant moms worry about the potentially harmful effects of medications. Kinesiology tape is a safe and natural alternative to pain relief methods like ibuprofen or acetaminophen because it doesn't carry any negative side effects for the mom and baby.
During pregnancy, a woman typically gains 25 to 35 lbs over nine months. This extra weight gained in a relatively short time puts stress on the muscles and joints, which can result in pain and swelling. If the swelling becomes too severe during pregnancy, it can cut off circulation and cause disturbances in blood flow—which is not safe for the mom-to-be or the baby.
Kinesiology tape helps support the extra weight a woman is carrying during pregnancy. Not only does it help support the extra weight, but it also helps your body maintain healthy circulation throughout pregnancy. Another benefit of kinesiology tape is its ability to help relieve the many common types of pain a woman experiences during pregnancy, such as back pain and swollen feet. The tape helps take the pressure off of your muscles by increasing blood flow to those areas.
While kinesiology tape is used to treat pregnancy-related muscle aches and pains, it can also be used to treat sports injuries, long-term joint discomfort, or even to encourage blood flow through tight muscles.
Below are tips on how to ensure the Pregnancy Spider Tape works as effectively as possible to alleviate maternity pain.
How to Avoid Skin Irritation
1. Test a small piece of tape on your arm before applying it to your belly to see if you are allergic to any adhesives. A test strip is included in each Pregnancy Spider Tape package.
2. Know your skin. The skin can change when pregnant and become much more sensitive. If you normally have sensitive skin, use the gentle Pregnancy Spider Tape.
3. Ensure there is no stretch to the tape when you apply it. Stretching the tape can pull on the skin. For best results, just roll and lay the tape on naturally.
How to Ensure the Tape Stays On Longer
1. To ensure the tape stays on the body for the most days possible, avoid touching the adhesive with your fingers when applying the tape.
2. Allow at least 30 mins for the tape to set before exposing it to moisture. Do not shower immediately.
3. Once the Pregnancy Spider tape is applied, rub the tape to activate the adhesive. The tape adhesive activates when it reaches your body temperature so best to spend the time gently rubbing the tape onto your body.
4. Make sure your belly is clean and dry before applying the Pregnancy Spider Tape (no lotions) to ensure the tape stays on the body for a maximum amount of days.
5. Avoid letting the tape catch on clothing as you dress and undress. If the ends of the tape catch onto the clothes, the tape can start to come off prematurely.
How to Remove the Pregnancy Pain Relief Spider Tape
1. To help make removal easier, slowly roll the tape off. Alternatively, you can also soak the tape in baby oil for approximately 15 mins to help loosen the adhesive.
2. Do not remove while wet or when you come out of the shower.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief Spider Tape comes in blue, black, pink, and beige. View the top product for pregnancy pain relief here.