Benefits of Face Taping and How to Apply
Benefits of doing Face Taping
Face taping can provide benefits such as:
- Reduced appearance and helps in prevention of facial lines and wrinkles
- Reduce puffiness on the face and under the eyes and edema
- Relax muscle tension
- Increased oxygen-rich blood circulation to head and neck
- Increased circulation and absorption of nutrients to the skin
What type of the kinesiology tape to use on the face.
On the face we have sensitive thinner skin than other parts of the body, so you need to know what to pay attention to when buying kinesiology tape:
- 100% cotton, no synthetic.
- Hypoallergic glue.
- Gentle tape for sensitive skin which is for allergic people or pediatric tapes for baby skin.
Before you start. Skin preparation and allergy test
Before you go to sleep, clean and apply your face night product. Then, in 20 minutes apply your kinesiology tape. They will do their magic and help erase wrinkles while you sleep!
Allergy Test. Before you start to work with kinesiology tape, you need to do an allergy test. Cut a little piece of kinesiology tape with sharp scissors and apply on your cheek. Remove the tape in 30 minutes- 2 hours. Very slow and carefully, step by step remove tape from the skin. No waxing movements!
Attention! Applying kinesiology tape, avoid big moles. Do not overstretch your skin and not stretch tape. In 15-20 minutes after the application, if you still feel tape uncomfortably lifting your skin, remove your application and apply another one. It means you overstretched skin or tape.
How to correctly cut kinesiology tape
Kinesiology tape has elasticity which equates to the elasticity of the human skin. KT has elasticity in only one direction- lengthwise. After you cut your application, pay attention if your application was cut correctly and tape has elasticity lengthwise after you remove the backing paper.
I suggest you to precut your kinesiology tape applications a week or a month ahead while you’re watching a movie or relaxing. That will make it easier for you. On the paper side of the application right with marker for what area of the face this application is for. Save your precut applications in a box and it will take you little time every night to pull them out and apply on your face.
As we have different shapes and measurements of our face areas (small-big forehead), precut face kinesiology tape applications is not available for sale. Kinesiology tape you can buy only in rolls. One roll of kinesiology tape for face should last 1-3 months.
Possible skin reactions:
- Bleaching or redness- this is normal reaction of blood and lymph circulation improvement.
- Small red itching rash- allergic reaction. Remove the tape, wash this place with antibacterial soap, do not use tapes for a week. Do not use this tape on your face (use it on your body). Try another product for your face, like Gentle tape for allergic people or baby skin.
How often to use Kinesiology Taping
Tapes work on the relaxation of the muscles in hypertonicity (over-worked, muscle tension) and activating muscles in hypotonicity (lazy). First month you need to use tapes every day. After the fascia memory starts to work, you can use tapes 1-2 times a week to support results.
How to remove kinesiology tape correctly
There are three ways to correctly remove kinesiology tape from your skin.
- With one hand, step by step gently remove kinesiology tape from the skin and with the other hand remove skin from the tape. No Waxing Movements! You can destroy your skin barrier!
- Roll your kinesiology tape from the skin.
- With one hand step by step gently remove kinesiology tape from the skin placing and pressing one finger of the other hand on the tape at the same time.
Sometimes it can be sensitive to remove tape from places where you have vellus facial hair. In this case you can apply any base oil (grapeseed, avocado olive oil) on your application before removal.
Follow us on socials!